Ms. RMSN Ratnayake works as the Senior Assistant Librarian at the Institute of Human Resource Advancement, University of Colombo from 1991.
She has completed her Bachelor of Arts (Special) Degree in Sinhalese Language and Literature from University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka and MLS in Library and Information Sciences and MPhil in Sinhalese Language and Literature from University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. She has obtained Associateship of Sri Lanka Library Association in 2011.
Ms. Ratnayake has acted as the coordinator of ‘Workshop on Attitudes and skills Development’ from 2014-2016 and ‘Advanced program on Attitudes and Skills Development’ in 2016. She acted as the coordinator of ‘Workshop on Presentation Skills 1 and 11’, ‘ Workshop on Web Designing for Non IT Professionals’ and ‘Certificate Course on Web Designing for Non IT Professionals’ in 2007-2008 conducted by IHRA.
She was involved as the coordinator of the Postgraduate Diploma in Library & Information Science (PGLIS) 2011-2013 conducted by National Institute of Library and Information Sciences (NILIS) in University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. She was a member of the Advisory Committee and the Technical Committee of the National Reader Survey planned to be conducted in the year 2012 by Sri Lanka National Library & Documentation Services Board. At present she serves as the secretary to the State Literary Panel of Sri Lanka Arts Council.
Since she is engaged in creative writing, she has published 04 novels, a short story collection, a collection of poems, a bibliography, an analysis of Sinhala short stories and translations of 04 English novels for teenagers and a collection of short stories.
Her research interests are Reading Habits and Electronic media, Sinhalese Novels and Short Stories.
1. Ratnayake,RMSN. (1998) A study to examine the Nature and Extent of Library use by Students who are engaged in Higher Studies while employed. (A survey with special reference to students in the Institute of Workers’ Education.) Unpublished MLS dissertation. University of Colombo
2. Ratnayake,RMSN.(1999) Nature and extent of library use by employed students. IWE Journal, 1(1).20-38.
3. Ratnayake,Sujeewa Niranjaniee (2000) Bibliography on Sinhala short story books 1924-1990. Colombo. Sri Lanka National Library & Documentation services Board.
4. Ratnayake,Sujeewa Niranjaniee (2002) A bibliography on Lyrics and Articles of Dharmasiri Gamage – a veteran artist for a book named Dharmasiri Gamage nirmana
sandeepani edited by R. Palihapitiya. Colombo. S. Godage. p.173-280
5. Ratnayake, RMSN. (2003) A Critical study of Artistic features of Sinhala Short Stories: 1924-1990. Unpublished M.Phil.dissertation. University of Colombo,
6. Awarded a scholarship of President’s Fund, Sri Lanka to do a research study on
‘Influence of Electronic Media on Reading: How to Enhance reading through Electronic Media’ and submitted a Research proposal to Auckland University of Technology in New Zealand in 2003.
7. Ratnayake, RMSN.(2005) Influence of electronic media on reading: How electronic media can be used to enhance reading. IWE Journal. 5(1). 115-129p
8. Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee. (2005) A Critical study of artistic features of Sinhala short stories from 1920 to 1990. Colombo. S. Godage
9. Ratnayake, RMSN. (2011) Enhancing the usage of English medium reading materials of the undergraduates of Bachelor of Labour Education(BLE): Initiatives taken by the Institute of Human Resource Advancement (IHRA), University of Colombo: Proceedings of the 8th National Conference on Library and Information Science held by Sri Lanka Library Association in 2011. Colombo. Sri Lanka Library Association. 70-79p
10. Ratnayake, RMSN. (2014) English Language Literacy Initiatives in the Institute of Human Resource Advancement (IHRA), University of Colombo (UoC), Sri Lanka: Proceedings of the International Conference on Scholarly Communcation and Knowledge Management in Higher Educational Institutions held by KL University, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India in 2014. 479-484p
11. Ratnayake, RMSN. (2014) Influence of electronic media on reading habits: how electronic media can be used to enhance reading. Kritavedi:Festchrift for Senior Professor Piyadasa Ranasinghe. Ed.Rev. Lagumdeniye Piyaratana, WA Weerasooriya and RD. Anananda Tissa Ragama, Professor Piyadasa Ranasinghe Foundation.
12. Ratnayake, RMSN. (2016) i;=rdg ffu;S% lsrSug fhdackd lrk wdIdV mqIamh iy fi!uHdf,dalh. Nireekshana:Felicitation volume for M.M.J. Marasinghe. Ed. Prof. Kulatilaka Kumarasinghe and Prof. Ananda Wijeratne. Colombo. S. Godage .242-278p
|1.Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee.
(1995) (3rd print 2015) Not seeing one’s own fault (තමා වරදස නොදිස්නේ)
(a collection of short stories in Sinhalese medium). Colombo.author
|2.Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee.
(2003) End of war (යුද්ධය හමාරය) (translated short stories from English into Sinhalese) Colombo. Wijesuriya Grantha Kendraya
|3.Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee.
(2003) Love or death (ප්රේමය නොහොත් මරණය)
(a collection of poetry’ in. Sinhalese medium). Colombo. author
|4.Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee.
(2004) Fading moon (අවපස සඳ)
(a novel ‘in Sinhalese medium) Colombo Fastads
|5.Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee.
(trans.) (2005) Titanic Crossing (ටයිටැනික් චාරිකව)
(a translation of Babara Williams’s novel ‘Titanic Crossing -translated from English into Sinhalese), Colombo. S. Godage.
|6.Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee.
(2006) Natakavasanaya 1, (නාටකාවසානය 1- සරසවි සිහිනය)
Dream of University (a novel in Sinhalese medium) Colombo. S.Godage
(trans) (2007) The new girl (අලුත් ශිෂ්යාව)
(a translation of Francine Pascal’s novel ‘The new girl’ -translated from English into Sinhalese), Colombo. S.Godage.
(trans) ( 2009) Are you there god? It’s me Margaret (දෙවියනි ඔබ සිටිනවාද මම මාගරට්)
(a translation of Judy Blume’s famous novel “Are you there god? It’s me Margaret”-translated from English into Sinhalese), Colombo. Sanhinda
(2014) Natakavasanaya 2, Ratha noratha (නාටකාවසානය 2 – රත නොරත)
(A novel in Sinhala medium) Colombo, S. Godage.
|10.Ratnayake, Sujeewa Niranjaniee,
(2014) Natakavasanaya 3, (නාටකාවසානය 3 – සිතිජයෙන් මිරිගුවට)
Sithijayen Miringuvata, ( A novel in Sinhala Medium ) Colombo, S. Godage.