Ms. Dilrukshi Hewage serves as the Lecturer (Probationary) in Accountancy and Finance, Institute of Human Resource Advancement, University of Colombo. She has multi-disciplinary academic and professional qualifications. She read her BBA in Finance (Special) from the University of Colombo and MSc in Business Statistics from University of Moratuwa. She is a Passed Finalist of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK. Her research focuses on behavioral economics and Finance, Capital structure and Transport economics and Finance. She has published research in international journals and conference proceedings. She teaches Accounting and Finance at Bachelor’s level
Prior to joining to IHRA, Ms. Dilrukshi Hewage worked as the Assistant Director Research and International Relations of Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority. Further, she has served as the International conference coordinator (Sri Lanka), UNWTO (World Tourism Organization) Conference on “Tourism: A Catalyst for Development, Peace and Reconciliation” in Passikudah, Sri Lanka in July, 2016 which was witnessed by the Secretary General of UNWTO.
In addition of academic, she was the Coordinator in Sri Lanka for World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) project on Intellectual Property on Tourism and Culture from May – December 2016. Further, she was nominated to represent Sri Lanka in the 22nd Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 22) held in Marrakech, Morocco from 7-18 November 2016.
Dilrukshi Hewage is currently involved in a research project which aims at influence of macroeconomic variables on Colombo Stock Exchange
Dilrukshi Hewage teaches Accounting and Finance for Bachelors students.
The Most Recent Research Publications
- A Time Series Analysis of Export led Shipping Demand Hypothesis for Sri Lanka. D. Hewage Dilrukshi Nadeesha and Achala Dayan De Silva. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 9, ISSN 2250-3153, September 2013.
- The Impact of Capital-Structure Choice on Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange, Proceedings of the International Research Conference (IPURSE), University of Peradeniya, 2014
- Macroeconomic Variables and Industry Indices Performance: Empirical Evidence from Sri Lanka Using Causality Test Approach, delivered at the International Conference On Business And Information, Kelaniya University, Sri Lanka, November 2014
- Factors Affecting the Service Quality in Public Bus Transportation in Sri Lanka, H.W.M.I.S.Ranawana and Dilrukshi Hewage, 8th International Research Conference of KDU, August 2015 at Kothalawela Defence University, Sri Lanka
- A Study on electronic toll collection systems in expressways in Sri Lanka, Athila Rodrigo and Dilrukshi Hewage, 8th International Research Conference of KDU, August 2015 at Kothalawela Defence University, Sri Lanka
- Exploring Sustainability Management for the Telecommunication Industry: A case study of the Sri Lankan mobile telecommunication industry, D. R. Ratnajeewa, D.Hewage, 8th International Research Conference of KDU, August 2015 at Kothalawela Defence University, Sri Lanka
- Investigation of factors affecting the Reverse Logistics in Automobile Industry: a case study in Colombo region, Imaya Rathnayake, Dilrukshi Hewage, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches, September 2015 at University of Sri Jayewardenepura